*These pages were not updated for the VMSAR 2017/2018 edition. For updated information, visit the website located at the top of the page listing.
Central Luzon State University (CLSU) is located on a 658-hectare sprawling main campus in the Science City of Muñoz, which is located 150 kilometers north of Manila. It also has a more than 1000-hectare site for ranch type buffalo production and forestry development up the hills of Carranglan town, in northern Nueva Ecija, 40 kilometers away from the main campus.
The University is the lead agency of the Muñoz Science Community and the seat of the Regional Research and Development Center in Central Luzon. To date, CLSU is one of the premier institutions of agriculture in Southeast Asia known for its breakthrough researches in aquaculture (pioneer in the sex reversal of Tilapia), ruminants, crops, orchard, and water management researches.
The College of Veterinary Science and Medicine (CVSM) was established in 1978 through Republic Act No. 4067 enacted into law by Congress in 1964. Subsequently, CVSM offered the first ladderized veterinary curriculum in the Philippines: Bachelor of Science in Animal Husbandry (first 4 years) and Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (6 years). This was designed to produce veterinarians adept not only in disease control and prevention but in animal production as well. For many years, DVM graduates from CVSM have consistently topped the Veterinary Licensure Examinations in the country. This excellent performance has made the Philippine Commission on Higher Education (CHED) and the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) to recognize the CVSM as one of the Top Performing Veterinary Colleges in the country. In 2009, CHED awarded the college the title, Center of Excellence in Veterinary Medicine.
The following are the admission requirements for both undergraduate and graduate programs:
1. Must have a GPA of 2.25 or better. Second courser must have at least 2.50 or better.
2. Must have taken a minimum of 40 units of general education courses.
3. Must not have a grade of “5”.
4. Grades of “4” or “INC” must be removed or completed upon filing of application.
5. Must qualify in the online exam and panel interview conducted by the college admission committee.
6. Submission of duly accomplished application form with:
A. four (4) 2x2 pictures (studio taken only)
B. certification of grades (1st and 2nd semester)
1. Applicants must meet all the prescribed admission requirements of the University/College and the course applied for:
A. Must qualify in the University/College Admission Test
B. Must have complete and valid credentials
(i) Copy of birth certificate
(ii) Two 2”x2” colored ID pictures
(iii) Certificate of completion of a secondary curriculum
(iv) Original transcript of records
(v) Personal history statement
(vi) Affidavit of support
(vii) Alien certificate of registration (ACR)
(viii) Student visa
(ix) Certificate of Proficiency in English issued by the CLSU Department of English and Humanities for a fee, for students who come from countries where English is not the medium of instruction
(x) Security clearance from his/her embassy
C. Must pay a non-refundable application fee
D. Must qualify in the physical or health examination conducted by the University physician
E. Must present an approved application for admission
F. Others as prescribed by the concerned College
2. Applicants must meet all the prescribed requirements by the Department of Foreign Affairs and the BID.
3. A foreign student may be admitted based on availability of slot in the course applied for.
4. He or she must pledge to abide by and comply with the rules and regulations of the University/College.
A DVM degree or its equivalent from a recognized institution is a requirement along with the submission of the following:
1. Duly accomplished application form
2. Original or authenticated transcript of records showing a grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.0 or its equivalent.
3. Applicants with GPA below 2.0 may be admitted on a probationary status if recommended by the department chair and approved by the dean after thorough review of the applicant’s qualification to do graduate work.
4. Two letters of recommendation from former professors in the undergraduate course.
Is a Bachelor’s Degree Required?
Is this an International School?
Estimated Tuition Resident:
PHP 7,000.00 per semester
Estimated Tuition Non-Resident (International):
PHP 12,000.00 per semester
Accepts International Students?
Last week of April every year.
Last Updated 3/21/2017 srb